It's winter :)

Well its definitely winter here in Ireland now, there is frost on the grass and everywhere thats in the shade most mornings and there's a chill in the air. It was minus 2 degrees last night and I'm still sleeping with the window wide open, pregnancy heat's lovely :) Poor hubby has to sleep in Pj's and a dressing gown, with a hot water bottle! LOL

The down side to the frosty weather is undoubtably the cost in heating your home to a comfortable temperature, over here most people have oil fired central heating and the cost just keeps rising... We've opted for a wood burner since we have access to local, cheap wood and we love having a real fire in the house :) A friend of Al's dad is coming tomorrow to fit it into our chimney, I'm so excited...

The only thing is, do you think we have enough wood gathered up?? hehe



We borrowed Al's dads saw for the long chunky bits, it was brilliant,
about 1,000,000 times quicker than by hand!


There is something so lovely about opening your garage and smelling cut wood, sometimes I just stand for a few minutes and look at it smiling (like a crazy person!). It's just comforting to know that we will be warm and cosy this winter. Gathering up this wood has given me so much pleasure over the last few months, as I get older I seem to be more and more happy about the really simple things in life, does that happen to everyone?

9 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I feel very satisfied looking at our log stores and knowing that however cold it gets ,we will still be toasty and warm.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it :) I'd love to see your log store, do you get most of your wood from your land? x

      Delete
  2. That's a LOT of wood! :) Is that how much you use every year? I have no concept of how much wood someone would need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well we've never run a wood burner before but I'd say that'll not last the whole winter because of me being off on maternity I'll have the fire on most days too not just in the evenings. We're going to get another load tomorrow lol it's an addiction!

      Delete
  3. I think you have enough wood... or hope so. Winter has come here to upper Michigan... already have 2+ feet (.6 meters) of snow and temps are in the -2- -10 degrees C... Although we still have the window open in the bedroom.. Hubby is a human furnace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, I love hearing about other peoples weather and seasons, thats a lot of snow for so early in winter but Im guessing your all prepared for it :)

      Delete
  4. That's a LOT of wood! Poor hubby. Maybe he wants an electric blanket for Christmas? Love the photos. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I do feel a bit sorry for him, an electric blanket is a good idea, we could get a single one just for his side :)

      Delete
  5. Welcome everyone to the world of online gambling. 928bet แทงบอลออนไลน์ Enjoy with many games that are prepared for you to play for real money will make you have fun. Apply for membership today. Get up to 2000 baht

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it's really appreciated and I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...